It is essential that you keep abreast of all the news which is relevant to your campaign and the authority you are hoping to join as a member.
This means it is not only wise to follow the news and publications from that authority itself, but to also follow the news and developments relating to ALL of the tiers of government and/or their representatives in the area which you will share if you are successfully elected.
For all of the local Tiers of Government (Parish/Town, Borough/District, County, MP, MEP):
- Follow their Twitter Account
- Follow their Facebook Account
- Follow/Read the council website
- Follow/Read the MP/MEP’s website/blogs
- Read any newsletters or community magazines that they produce
Other local sources:
- Follow/Read the websites of all the local branches of political parties
- Follow local schools, community groups and membership organisations on Twitter and Facebook
- Follow/Read the local newspaper(s) online, on Twitter and Facebook
- Follow all of the national newspapers on Facebook and Twitter (see below)
- Follow all of the political journals and commentary sites on Facebook and Twitter (see below)
- Sign up to all ‘daily updates by e-mail’ opportunities
- Sign up to updates from Parliament and the Office for National Statistics